If you’ve never been to an orthodontist before, you might be wary of what to expect during your first visit. Your first visit with Dr. Weber is called a consultation appointment and typically lasts 45 minutes to an hour. At this appointment Dr. Weber and her staff will take pictures your teeth and an X-Ray if needed. Dr. Weber will then use this information and let you know if orthodontic treatment is recommended. If treatment is needed, Dr. Weber will explain what she recommends and how the process will work. You will also receive all the information you need about finances, such as how much the treatment will cost, how much your insurance will help pay, and payment plans. Once you leave our office you will have all the necessary information that you need to make an informed decision about your smile.
Here’s a list of common questions you might ask during your first visit:
- Is now the right time for treatment, or should it wait?
- What is the estimated length of time for the treatment?
- What is the treatment plan? Does the plan include braces? Rubber bands? An expander?
- How much should I expect to pay? What are the payment options?
- How often will I be expected to come in for checkups and other appointments?
- What can I do to prevent or minimize the discomfort associated with braces?
- Are there specific foods I will need to avoid?
- How can I keep my teeth clean with braces?
Don’t be afraid to ask these and other questions before you or your child commits to getting braces. Dr. Weber and our team are happy to answer any of them before or after your visit.
Once you’ve had your initial consultation, our team will be here throughout the entire process if any questions arise. We look forward to seeing you at your first appointment at either our Kansas City or Kearney offices!